Testing time, especially Finals Week can be especially stressful for any student of any age. Cramming over books or a computer doing research, can tie the calmest person in knots! It can almost feel as if the Hunger Games are a real event –
Here are some things that can help you not only stress less during testing time, but actually thrive-
- Peppermint – This can be Essential Oil, candles, teas or candy. This can help with clarity, focus and concentration.
- Lavender – This can be Essential Oil, lavender buds, teas or candy. This will help calm you, and relax.
- Chamomile – This can be Essential Oil, chamomile buds, teas or candy. This also can help calm you.
- Tennis Ball & Sock – This can help address knots that you cannot reach on neck & shoulders.
- Golf Ball – Self massage for feet. Roll foot over ball to your preferred pressure. Pick it up after you’re done! 😉
Naturespace app for iPhone, Nature Sounds for Relax & Sleep for Android – Relaxing atmospheric soundtracks. You can ‘be’ at the beach or in the woods, for hours on end to help studying, or sleep!
My Thought Coach – Meditations, guided imagery and positive thoughts for varied occasions.
Get a Massage – You may not have enough time to get a full body massage during testing time, but getting a massage is a good investment on your stress level, and those knots you get from studying and doing research for hours on end. Check to see if your Student Activities Board has Massage Sessions set up at your college or university. If not, check out ‘Find A Massage Therapist’ on the AMTA or ABMP websites.